Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics of School II - Mathematics and Natural Sciences - is an application-oriented research and teaching department of the Technische Universität Berlin.
We offer courses in mathematics, mathematical economics, technomathematics (both as Bachelor and Master) and scientific computing (only Master) as well as extensive mathematics services for students attending other courses.
The department of mathematics at the University of Technology Berlin distinguishes itself through its diverse cooperations: within Berlin, nationwide and internationally. Hosting and participating in DFG mathematical research training groups (DFG-Graduiertenkollegs), in DFG collaborative research centers (SFB) and in DFG research units, acquisition of ERC grants as well as various prizes and awards which emphasizes the high level and international reputation of the department.
The Berlin Mathematical School (BMS), is a joint graduate school of the mathematics departments of the three major Berlin universities, and is based at the Department of Mathematics at TU Berlin, being funded within the framework of the German „Initiative for Excellence“.
The department is strongly involved in the DFG Research Center Matheon "mathematics for key technologies", an internationally renown Center of Excellence in which nearly 200 scientists pursue application-oriented and theoretical research.
- Workshop MSO-Tools 2014: "Modeling, Simulation and Optimisation Tools", September 29-30, 2014 at TU Berlin
- Invitation to Semester Start on October 28, 2014 in MFB
- Dies Mathematicus, November 21, 2014
- Workshop: Extrema of Branching Processes and Gaussian Free Fields, November 28-29, 2014 at TU Berlin and WIAS
- Long-Term Course Planning in Mathematics (as PDF-File in German, Status from July 7, 2014)
Zusatzinformationen / Extras
Contact AddressTechnische Universität Berlin
Department of Mathematics Administration
sec. BEL 1
Str. des 17. Juni 136