Inhalt des Dokuments
The topic of this course will be representation theory. Prerequisites (besides linear algebra) are basics in algebra only (Algebra I ). So no knowledge in Algebra II and Algebra III is required to follow the course.
The course will be held in English if requested so by BMS students. The course runs 4 hours per week over the second part of the summer semester 2017.
The start is in the week of May 22, 2017.
004||Prof. Dr. Peter Bürgisser |
005||Prof. Dr. Peter Bürgisser
- There will be extra sessions on June 14th and 21st. These sessions take place from 1800 to 1930 in MA 004.
- On June 28th, there will be no lecture due to the talk of Wigderson .
- There will be another extra session on July 5th. The session will take place from 1800 to 1930 in MA 004.
- The table of contents  is available as pdf.
- Henning Seidler is taking class notes in $LaTeX$  and has made them available online.
There are exercise sheets available which are not graded or marked:
- Sheet 1 
- Sheet 2 
- Sheet 3 
- Sheet 4 
We offer oral exams (duration: 45 minutes) on the following dates:
- 18.10.2017, 1pm - 4pm
- 23.10.2017, 9am - 5pm
Please get an appointment in MA318 and register either with the examination office or with Qispos. Contact Beate Nießen  if you have any problems with registration.
- Bruce Sagan. The Symmetric Group: Representations, Combinatorial Algorithms, and Symmetric Functions, Springer.
- Fulton and Harris. Representation Theory: A first course, Springer.
- Claudio Procesi. Lie Groups: An Approach through Invariants and Representations, Springer.