There is no English translation for this web page.
- Lecture: 4h, 10 LP
- official name: "Kondition: Geometrie numerischer Algorithmen"
This course can serve as a preparation for the anticipated Thematic Einstein Semester Varieties, Polyhedra, Computation  during the winter term 2019/20.
- The last lectures took place on 2nd July.
- Due to illness the lectures on 25th June have to be CANCELED.
- To clarify the notion of a "simple" eigenvalue from the lecture on May 14, there are notes available as a pdf-file . If you find any mistake, please send a message to reichenbach -at- tu-berlin.de.
316||Prof. Dr. Peter Bürgisser |
316||Prof. Dr. Peter Bürgisser
Room change: From 16th April on all lectures will take place in the room MA 316.
Design and analysis of numerical algorithms in nonlinear algebra, emphasizing the role of condition. Focus on polynomial equations. Complexity analysis by methods from probability and geometry.
Here is a preliminary table of contents .
- Bürgisser and Cucker. Condition: The Geometry of Numerical Algorithms. Springer 2013.
- Blum, Cucker, Shub, Smale. Complexity of Real Computation. Springer 1997.
Semesterapparat: We created for each of the lectures "Condition" and "Variations on Bezout's Theorem" a so called Semesterapparat. This ensures that some of the proposed books are always present for study in the mathematical library.