Inhalt des Dokuments
Some Current Activities
- Scientific Committee
Member of the E-NLA Online Series on Numerical Linear Algebra .
- Chair of the
- Co-Editor of the GAMM Mitteilungen Special Issue
Applied and Numerical Linear Algebra  (vol. 43, issues 3 and 4,
- Member of the PaperHive  Advisory
Also see the PaperHive Conversation  (published September 26, 2016).
- Editorial Board
Member of SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and its Applications .
(Term ending 2022.)
- Chair of the SIAM Committee on
Gene Golub Summer School . (Term ending 2021.)
- Society Memberships: GAMM , ILAS , SIAM .
Some Previous Activities
- Member of the
SIAM Education Committee . (Term ended 2019.)
- Co-Organizer of the Gene Golub SIAM Summer School 2017 
in Berlin from May 29 to June 9, 2017.
Article in SIAM News, September 2017. 
- Co-Organizer of the
conference Numerical Algebra, Matrix Theory, Differential-Algebraic
Equations, and Control Theory  in honor of Volker Mehrmann on the
occasion of his 60th birthday (Berlin, May 2015).
- Co-Editor of the ScienceOpen  Poster Collection
Numerical Algebra, Matrix Theory, Differential-Algebraic Equations,
and Control Theory .
- Associate Editor of the
Special Issue on Matrix Functions of Linear Algebra and its
Applications . Preface  (published online, March 2014).
- Co-Head of Project C29, DFG Research Center MATHEON,
Numerical methods for large-scale parameter-dependent systems .
- Heisenberg-Professor (DFG's description of
the Heisenberg Program ).
- Managing Editor of
Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis .
- Co-Organizer of the 15th Berlin Mathematical Day , May
8, 2010, at TU Berlin.
- Co-Organizer of the
Grassmann Bicentennial Conference , September 16-19, 2009,
Potsdam, Germany and Szczecin, Poland.
In November 2010 this conference was awarded the 2010 Potsdam Conference Award (Potsdamer Konferenzpreis)  in the category Innovative and/or exceptional events.
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee
of the Householder Symposium XVII , June 1-6, 2008, Zeuthen,
- Co-organizer of Gene Golub Day, February
29, 2008, at TU Berlin.
- Co-Head of Project B17,
DFG Research Center MATHEON,
Improvement of the linear algebra kernel of Simplex-based LP- and MIP-solvers .
- Head of an Emmy Noether Junior Research Group, sponsored by
You may download a poster  containing a more detailed description of the group's projects (version of January 2006).
''... in the arrogance of youth, I thought that linear algebra was for boys and girls and that real men and women worked in functional analysis. However, this is but one of many opinions that did not stand the test of time.''
(Harry Dym, author of Linear Algebra in Action, AMS, 2007).