There is no English translation for this web page.
Some Current Activities
- Chair of the GAMM
Activity Group Applied and Numerical Linear Algebra.
- Member of the PaperHive  Advisory Board .
Also see the PaperHive Conversation  (published September 26, 2016).
- Editorial Board Member of SIAM Journal on
Matrix Analysis and its Applications . (Term ending 2022.)
- Chair of the SIAM Committee on Gene Golub Summer School
. (Term ending 2021.)
- Member of the SIAM Education Committee . (Term ending 2019.)
Some Previous Activities
- Co-Organizer of
the Gene Golub SIAM Summer School 2017  in Berlin from May 29 to
June 9, 2017.
Article in SIAM News, September 2017. 
- Co-Organizer of the conference Numerical Algebra, Matrix
Theory, Differential-Algebraic Equations, and Control Theory  in
honor of Volker Mehrmann on the occasion of his 60th birthday (Berlin,
- Co-Editor of the ScienceOpen 
Poster Collection Numerical Algebra, Matrix Theory,
Differential-Algebraic Equations, and Control Theory .
- Associate Editor of the Special Issue on Matrix Functions
of Linear Algebra and its Applications . Preface  (published
online, March 2014).
- Co-Head of Project C29, DFG
Research Center MATHEON,
Numerical methods for large-scale parameter-dependent systems .
- Heisenberg-Professor (DFG's description of the Heisenberg
- Managing Editor of Electronic
Transactions on Numerical Analysis .
- Co-Organizer of the 15th Berlin Mathematical Day , May
8, 2010, at TU Berlin.
- Co-Organizer of the
Grassmann Bicentennial Conference , September 16-19, 2009,
Potsdam, Germany and Szczecin, Poland.
In November 2010 this conference was awarded the 2010 Potsdam Conference Award (Potsdamer Konferenzpreis)  in the category Innovative and/or exceptional events.
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee
of the Householder Symposium XVII , June 1-6, 2008, Zeuthen,
- Co-organizer of Gene Golub Day, February
29, 2008, at TU Berlin.
- Co-Head of Project B17,
DFG Research Center MATHEON,
Improvement of the linear algebra kernel of Simplex-based LP- and MIP-solvers .
- Head of an Emmy Noether Junior Research Group, sponsored by
You may download a poster  containing a more detailed description of the group's projects (version of January 2006).
''... in the arrogance of youth, I thought that linear algebra was for boys and girls and that real men and women worked in functional analysis. However, this is but one of many opinions that did not stand the test of time.''
(Harry Dym, author of Linear Algebra in Action, AMS, 2007).