Dr. Kersten Schmidt
- Dr. Kersten Schmidt
- © Dr. Anastasia Thöns-Zueva
Secretariat MA 6-4
Strasse des 17. Juni 136
Department of Mathematics
Strasse des 17. Juni 136
Room MA 363
Phone: +49 (0)30 314 - 25795
Fax: +49 (0)30 314 - 21110
kersten.schmidt (at) math.tu-berlin.de 
+49 (0)30 314 - 25651 (Petra Grimberger)
Research center MATHEON  Mathematics for Key Technologies
From winter term 2017/18 I move to the Department of Mathematics  and the Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing group  of the TU Darmstadt . Meine Kontaktdaten finden Sie hier: -> Link .
In winter term 2016/17 and summer term 2017 I was taking the duties of the Chair for Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computing  at the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg .
MATHEON-Project D26 "Asymptotic
Analysis of the Wave-Propagation in Realistic Photonic Crystal
ECMath-Project B-MI2 "Optimized noise reduction in transportation and interior spaces"
Project of the Einstein International PostDoc Fellow Dr. Adrien Semin (till 12/2015)
- October 2015: In winter term 2015/2016 I give the lecture Numerics of partial differential equations  . It starts on Monday, October 12th at 2.15 p.m. in MA 550.
- October 2015: The lecture Asymptotic analysis in winter term 2015/2016 is cancelled. Instead it will be given in summer term 2016.
- June 24th, 2015: A new technical report together with Adrien Semin  (TU Berlin) and Bérangère Delourme  (Université Paris 13) is available .
- March 17th, 2015: I give a talk "Unsichtbare elektrische Felder - können wir sie aufdecken" at Urania Berlin within the Matheon  programme MathInside  for highschool sudents (schedule ).
- January 7th, 2015: My group moved into new offices. You now find us in the third floor of the maths building in rooms 363 and 365.
- September 15th-19th, 2014: I present my research results at the conference BAIL 2014  in Prague.
- July 23rd, 2014: I give a talk on "Interior penalty finite element methods for high-order local boundary conditions" at WCCM XI  in Barcelona.
- July 20th-25th, 2014: Together with Hélène Barucq and Rabia Djellouli I organize the minisymposia "Advanced Computational Techniques in Geophysical sciences" at WCCM XI  in Barcelona.
- June 11th, 2014: I give a talk on "Symmetric local absorbing boundary conditions for the Helmholtz equation" at the Langenbach Seminar  at WIAS Berlin.
- May 23rd, 2014: I present my work on "Numerical analysis of boundary element methods for impedance transmission conditions" at University of Basel.
- April 2014: In summer term 2014, I give the lecture Asymptotic Analysis 2 . It starts on Wednesday, April 16th at 12.15 am in MA 542. My PhD student Dirk Klindworth reads the lecture Introduction to the Finite Element Method . His lecture starts on Tuesday, April 15th at 10.15 am in MA 545.
- February 4th, 2014: Talk on "Local impedance boundary conditions for wave propagation in viscous gases" at the Colloquium of the Modeling, Numerics, Differential Equations Group  at TU Berlin. The talk starts at 4.15 pm in room MA 313.
- October 2013: I give the lecture Asymptotic Analysis  in winter term 2013/2014. It starts on Friday, October 18th at 10.15 am in MA 143.
- August 26th-30th, 2013: Talk at Singular Days 2013  in Rennes (France).
- June 30th - July 4th, 2013: At COMPUMAG 2013  in Budapest I give a talk on "Robust transmission conditions of high order for thin conducting sheets in two dimensions" and present posters on the topics "Dirichlet-to-Neumann transparent boundary conditions for photonic crystal wave-guides" and "Asymptotic boundary element methods for thin conducting sheets in two dimensions".
- June 17th, 2013: Talk on "Highly accurate impedance boundary conditions for thin conducting sheets" in the CE Seminar  at TU Darmstadt.
- June 3rd-7th, 2013: Talk at WAVES 2013  in Gammarth (Tunesia).
- May 16th, 2013: Invited talk on "Transmission conditions for thin conducting sheets within the eddy current model" at the IFIP TC7.2 Workshop "Electromagnetics — Modelling, Simulation, Control and Industrial Applications"  at WIAS Berlin.
- April 11th, 2013: Invited talk on "Modelling of guided modes in photonic crystal wave-guides" at the MASOMO 2013  workshop at WIAS Berlin.
- February 22nd, 2013: Invited talk on "Modelling of photonic crystal waveguide modes" at the 6th Annual Meeting Photonic Devices  at Zuse Institute Berlin.
- October 29th, 2012: Invited talk on "High Order Asymptotic Expansion for Viscous Acoustic Equations Close to Rigid Walls" at the Aquitanie-Euskadi Workshop on Applied Mathematics  in Biarritz (France).
- September 11th, 2012: Talk on "Robust transmission conditions of high order for thin conducting sheets" at the SCEE2012  conference at ETH Zürich.
- July 30th, 2012: Talk on "A boundary element method for impedance transmission conditions related to thin conducting sheets" at the CMAM-5  at HU Berlin.
- June 12th, 2012: Talk on "Asymptotic modelling of acoustic wave-propagation in viscous gases" at the seminar "Nonlinear optimization and inverse problems" at WIAS Berlin.
- In summer term 2012 I give the lecture "Numerical Analysis and Finite Elements for Electromagnetics and Wave Propagation " at the TU Berlin (starting April 10th 2012, 10am in MA 851).
- Dec 12-16, 2011: Participation on the workshop "Numerical Analysis of Multiscale Problems & Stochastic Modelling"  inside the RICAM-Special Semester on"Multiscale Simulation & Analysis in Energy and the Environment".
- Talk at the Jahrestagung der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung  in Cologne in the Minisymposia "Analysis und Simulation von Nanostrukturen", Sep 19th/20th, 2011.
- Talk on the Langenbach seminar  on "High order transmission conditions for conductive thin sheets", June 1th, 2011, Weierstrass-Institut Berlin.
- In summer term I will give the course "Numerics of PDEs"  at the TU Berlin (starting April 11 2011, 14h15 in MA 376).
- Preprint with A. Chernov on "Robust families of transmission conditions of high order for thin conducting sheets" , INS Report 1102.
- Article with S. Tordeux on "High order transmission conditions for thin conductive sheets in magneto-quasistatics"  accepted in M2AN.
- Invited speaker on the Matheon workshop "4th Annual Meeting Photonic Devices", Feb 18, 2011, Berlin, Germany.
- From January 2011 on I have a junior research group in the DFG Research Center MATHEON  in Berlin/Germany. The group is located at the TU Berlin .
news archive 
Institute of Mathematics
sec. MA 6-4
Strasse des 17. Juni 136
How to find usMaths Building (MA)
rooms 363, 365 and 379
- Map of TU Campus (pdf) 
- Building MA in Google Maps 
- C++ library "Concepts"